The JOT-LINK converter enables communication with devices equipped with an RS-485 interface by means of WiFi or Ethernet and provides galvanic separation of circuits. Thanks to flexible configuration by means of the converter it is possible to establish a direct connection with a PC computer or by means of two converters connect two RS485 buses via the TCP/IP network (e.g. the Internet).
The converter can work in one of three modes:
- Ethernet (cable connection to the RJ-45 socket),
- Client of a WiFi network,
- a WiFi access point (max 5 clients).
Together with the converter there is also delivered a configuration programme by means of which it is easy to set operation parameters of the converter. You can learn more about this programme at SOFTWARE/ Computer programme JOT-LINK Config.
- whatever operation mode is chosen, the converter can act as the TCP client- initiating the connection or the TCP server- waiting for it,
- a built-in transmission control that enables optimum adjustment of converter parameters to the known protocols of the RS485 transmission.
|Power supply||5..24 V DC|
|Type of a serial bus||RS-485|
|Transmission speed||9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400* kb/s|
|Switch of transmission direction||automatic (delay max: 0,1ms for speed 115200 and 230400, 1ms for the others)|
|WiFi standard||2,4 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n (chanels 1..11)|
|WiFi encryption||WPA2, WPA, WEP|
|Power of a WiFi transmitter (it does not include the antenna’s gain)||16/14/14 (b/g/n) dBm|
|Sensitivity of a WiFi receiver||-97/-92/-91 (b/g/n)**dBm|
|Temperature in the immediate vicinity||-25°C ÷ 50°C|
|Ambient relative humidity||10 ÷ 80 % (non-condensing)|
|*||in the Ethernet mode with speed of 230400 kb/s there is a possibility of packet loss up to 1%|
|**||sensitivity for modulation: b – 1Mb/s, g – 6Mb/s, n – 6,5Mb/s – 6,5Mb/s|